How-To Style Using Milk And Rake
When our Founder and hairdresser, Garrett Markenson, cuts his clients’ hair, he almost always cocktails our cult favorite styling formulas - Milk Anti-Frizz Leave-In Nourishing Treatment and Rake Styling Balm. This combo helps nourish and hold any style - from softly defined curls, sleek chignons, coils to voluminous waves.
Milk is a does-it-all leave-in conditioner with the texture of a lightweight serum that helps soften, moisturize and add shine all while removing any trace of frizz. Rake is a never-sticky balm with the feel and nourishment of a mask that holds any style in place while keeping hair super touchable. Milk and Rake are a dream team that work together to nourish and hold for perfect hair every day.
Here’s the best way to use them on every hair type:
- Apply 1-2 pumps of Milk on wet hair out of the shower. If your hair is damaged and/or very dry, add a small dollop of Eros Resurrection Hair Mask for more conditioning.
- Skip brushing your hair post-shower - trust us! Just brush out the tangles before showering.
- Once hair is dry, apply two more pumps of Milk for frizz-busting benefits and brush through lightly with your fingers. No need to add Rake unless you're putting your hair up.
Straight / Thick
- Brush out any tangles before showering, and then shampoo & condition normally.
- After your shower, evenly apply 3-5 pumps of Milk to wet hair and run through hair without brushing.
- Air dry or blow dry, and once hair is 80% dry, apply a dime-sized amount of Rake for support and structure.
- Brush out any tangles before showering, and then once out of the shower, skip the brush and place hair with your fingers to amplify your natural texture.
- Cocktail 2-5 pumps of Milk with a dime to nickel-sized amount of Rake into your palm and emulsify the formulas together.
- Evenly apply from the ends of hair up to mid-shaft in an upward scrunching motion for volume and texture.
- On clean, wet hair that has been blotted with a microfiber towel, apply 2-3 pumps of Milk to sections, working from roots to ends in your favorite styling method, until strands are fully saturated.
- Emulsify Rake in between your palms and apply from roots to ends in sections. Tip: Keep hair wet with a spray bottle during the process.
- Diffuse or air dry hair.
- On wet hair, apply Milk as a protective leave-in, squishing it into coils until saturated.
- Emulsify Rake in your palms and apply from roots to ends in sections until it's applied evenly all over.
- Air dry, sit under a hood dryer, do a twist out, any other preferred or protective style.